WMC 2017 DJ Spin-Offs
If you are a DJ who thinks you can put up some weight, a label head scouting new talent, or a fan of DJ Competitions, join us for the WMC 2017 DJ Spin-offs where you can truly witness the Art of the DJ. The competitions will take place over 2 days, with Beat Matching & Scratching categories. Judges will decide who has what it takes to own first place in each category. Prizes will be provided by Pioneer DJ, FruityLoops and more...
Congratulations to the winners of the WMC 2017 DJ Spin-Offs
1st Place DJ LazyBoy 2nd Place DJ Filthy 3rd Place DJ Scarlett 88
1st Place DJ Knockers 2nd Place DJ Tim Jones 3rd Place DJ Akshen
Contestants will bring the following:
- Laptops, CDs or vinyl containing music for the DJ spinoff
- Headphones, needles & slipmats
WMC will provide the following equipment (there will be 2 identical set ups):
- 1 x Pioneer DJM 900NSX2 Mixer
- 2 x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2 Players
- 2 x Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 Player
- 2 x Technics 1200s Turntables
- 1 x Rane SL3 Serato Box
Guidelines for entry:
• All entries must include a completed application form, non-refundable entry fee of $50,
bio, and demo.
• DJs may enter both Beat Matching + Scratching competitions.
• Demo's must be no longer than 5 minutes in length and must be
reflective of the DJs prospective performance.
• Submissions are subject to approval.
• Demo material submitted will become the property of WMC
and will not be returned.
• No submissions will be reviewed after the deadline date.
No last minute entries or substitutes are allowed.
• All judges' decisions are final.
• DJs must bring their own headphones, needles, vinyl and slipmats to the competition.
• All contestants are required to check in one hour before the Spin-off begins.
Send submissions to:
Winter Music Conference
3450 NE 12th Terrace,
Fort Lauderdale , FL 33334
ATTN: DJ Spin-off
For any additional inquiries email: email@example.com
AREAS OF COMPETITION
Beat Matching (5 Minutes)
Scratching (3 Minutes)
2. Technical Abilities
5. Timing (cuts/beats)